I am a counsellor and therapist based in Norwich, trained in both the person-centred and the body psychotherapy traditions.
I work with the understanding that we are embodied and relational beings, deeply connected to each other and the rest of nature. For me this feels particularly needful in the current culture, which promotes disconnection from our bodies, other people and the planet.
Therapy can mean many different things, depending who you ask. Personally I hope that it can be
- - a meeting of two human beings
- - a safe-enough space where you can talk about anything that’s going on for you
- - open, curious and attentive to your unfolding process
- - a place for exploration and self-knowledge rather than adjustment
- - welcoming of quietness and stillness, as well as talking and activity
I try to make a warm, relaxed and spacious atmosphere in which we can gently bring awareness to the different parts of your experience, and support the movement towards wholeness that I believe is happening in all of us.
As well as central Norwich, I am beginning to work in Bramerton, in the countryside five miles south-east of the city, where there is both indoor space and ample opportunity for working outdoors among fields, woods, quiet lanes and the banks of the River Yare.